It is no exaggeration to say that technology has changed the way that we live. From business life to day-to-day living, technology is at the centre of everything we do. One place that it can certainly make a difference is in the kitchen. There are lots of smart gadgets that can make cooking easier and more enjoyable, helping you to create delicious meals in the kitchen with ease.
What do smart kitchen appliances do?
Of course, what exactly a smart kitchen appliance is going to do will be very much down to the individual gadget. Nevertheless, what they share is the ability to connect to the Wi-Fi, as well as sometimes being able to connect to Bluetooth as well. This means that you are able to monitor and control smart gadgets from your smartphone, even if you are outside of your property. In this guide, we are going to look at smart gadgets specifically. These are more general accessories that have been given an upgrade. A lot of these devices will work a little differently when compared with the larger appliances. This is because a lot of them will use Bluetooth to connect to your phone, rather than connecting using the Internet. This means that you cannot control them when you are not in the house. However, they still tend to be smarter than your average kitchen appliance. From smart blenders to smart meat probes; the options on the market are endless. In this post, we are going to take a look at five of the best kitchen appliances that are on the market today to give you a good place to start with. We will explain the different features that they come with so you can get a good understanding of how you can make the most of these appliances within your kitchen.
Why use smart technology in the kitchen?
There are a number of different reasons why you should use smart technology in the kitchen. Let?s take a look at them in further detail?
- You will receive useful notifications on your smart device – There is only one place to begin when it comes to smart devices in the kitchen, and this is the fact that you are going to receive notifications that are going to make your cooking experience a lot easier. With smart devices, they will tell you when something is done, for example, when a piece of meat has finished cooking. This means you do not have to keep checking on your oven.
- Cooking is made easier – Another reason why you may want to think about investing in smart appliances is because cooking is made a lot easier. It is going to be a while until food cooks itself. However, we are certainly making some steps forward. The latest inventions mean you will be able to keep track of what is in the fridge no matter where you are with the newest innovations on the market. Plus, when it comes to actually cooking, smart ovens have the ability to monitor your progress, automatically shifting into warming mode until you are ready to enjoy your food.
- Save money – Another reason to consider investing in smart technology for your home is because energy-efficiency appliances can save you money. While it is true that smart appliances tend to cost more to begin with, they will save you money in the long run. Often, when it comes to appliances, people tend to live with small issues until they become a bigger one. This can end up costing you a lot more money in the long run, not only because of the money you will need to ultimately spend on a replacement but also because your appliances will be running inefficiently. However, with smart appliances, they will be monitored on a regular basis, meaning you will get alerts to your phone regarding the performance of your appliances. This will enable you to pick up on little problems before they become bigger ones.
- Less worry when you are on holiday – Another benefit associated with smart appliances is that you do not have to worry when you go on vacation. We have all been there; that moment of dread when you leave the home and can?t shake the feeling that you have left the oven on. It can have you up at night while on holiday! However, with smart appliances, you won?t have to worry, as you are going to be able to check on everything.
Do you really need smart kitchen gadgets and appliances?
If you have the budget to allow for these sorts of purchases and you are someone who likes to be at the forefront of technology, you will definitely benefit from purchasing smart gadgets and appliances for your home. A few key smart appliances can be very useful in your kitchen. However, you do need to make sure you take the time to consider your purchases carefully so that you can be sure you end up with the right gadgets for you.
The best smart kitchen gadgets
Bartesian Premium Cocktail and Margarita Machine for the Home Bar with Push-Button Simplicity and an Easy to Clean Design (55300)
This gadget is cocktails, liberated. If you want to create delicious cocktails from your own home without needing numerous ingredients or fancy recipes, this is the kitchen gadget for you. Everything that you need is inside of the capsule. All you need to do is add the spirit, whether it is gin, rum, vodka, or any other tipple you fancy. You insert your capsule in, select your strength, and the Bartsian will create the perfect cocktail for you every time. That?s right; all you need is one cocktail capsule for a tasty concoction. One of the main selling points when it comes to this gadget is just how convenient it is. Instead of needing to buy five different ingredients, you just need a capsule. Some of the different capsules that are available include Whiskey Sour, Uptown Rocks, Sex on the Beach, Rum Breeze, Old Fashioned, Margarita, and Cosmopolitan. The machine also has an easy-clean design, which means an automatic cleaning cycle will be run at the end of every drink creation so that you do not have to worry about doing this yourself.?
- This machine is really easy to use
- You will save money, as you do not need to buy lots of ingredients
- You do not need to measure or pour
- You can choose your preferred strength
- Enjoy your favorite cocktail within a matter of seconds
- It is easy to clean
- You are restricted to the flavor capsules that are available
- You still need to buy spirits
New MEATER+165ft Long Range Smart Wireless Meat Thermometer for the Oven Grill Kitchen BBQ Smoker Rotisserie with Bluetooth and WiFi Digital Connectivity
If you have been on the lookout for a thermometer, you should definitely consider this one. It is a must for meat lovers everywhere. You will never turn out another dry piece of steak again! This is a small gadget that will work with a smartphone app, either Android and iOS. The thermometer comes in a stylish wooden block. Not only is this a great place for storing your new gadget but it works as a charging station as well, running on four AA batteries.?
- Long range model
- Dual temperature sensors
- Advanced estimator algorithm
- Some people have reported of needing to have the charging unit relatively close to what you are cooking
If you are looking for the perfect sous vide, you will struggle to find better than this option from Breville. Let?s begin by giving you some of the specifications of this product. Firstly, it comes with a one-year limited warranty. It also has a frequency of 50 to 60 Hz, single phase and line voltage is 100 to 120 V AC. In addition to this, there are a number of different safety features as well, including high current protections and thermal cutoff. Maximum water depth is 8 inches and minimum water depth is 1.5 inches. Maximum bath volume is 10+ gallons. The maximum temperature for the water is 208?F (98?C).
One thing that certainly caught our eye when it comes to this product is the amazing design. It looks elegant, sleek, and incredibly modern. It is also reliable and well-made. Plus, it is really easy to use. All you need to do is push one button, which is located at the top of the device. While the design is great, the features are arguably even more impressive. The Breville Joule has an impressive 1100 watt heater. This makes certain that the water and temperature rise quickly and efficiently. It also has a powerful circulator, as well as connecting to Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. And the app is undoubtedly the best sous vide app available!
- Regulate cooking temperatures with ease
- Easy videos showing you what to do
- Great way to enhance your cooking skills
- It?s rather expensive
- You can?t customize recipes or add your own
Hestan Cue Smart Cooking System Countertop Induction Burner Cooktop + 5.5 Quart Induction Chef Pot – 2-Piece Smart (App based – Control Mode) Home Portable Electric Stove and Pot Bundle (Gen 2)
This kitchen gadget includes a stainless-steel pain, burner, and an app that work together. You will be taught how to cook better while it regulates your cooking temperature automatically. The star of the product is the education component of the Hestan Cue. You can see exactly what you are supposed to do with videos that show every step of the recipe.
- There are a number of different safety features
- Boosts exceptional temperature accuracy at 0.2?F
- Stunning product design
- Great app
- Some users have reported losing Internet connection regularly
Another great smart kitchen gadget on the market today is the Drop Connected Kitchen Scale. This is a kitchen scale that has a brain. Designed for kitchen newbies and seasoned bakers alike, this kitchen scale is here to ensure there is some modern tech convenience injected into preparing your food. Through connecting to an app on an iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad, Drop will put the full backing process on screen. You can make the most of a number of different features that your go-to recipe book will not have. For example, one of the best features of these scales is that an entire recipe can be re-scaled based on the quantity of an ingredient you have in stock. It can make suggestions regarding substitutions for an ingredient that you are short of. These scales can also assist when it comes to planning your shopping list.
- Weighing is precise and speedy
- Saves your iPad screen from floury fingers
- Sturdy and compact design
- Minor, occasional glitches
- Only one color option
- Recipe library could be bigger
So there you have it: some of the best kitchen gadgets that are available today, helping you to run a smart kitchen. Our clear winner out of all of the products mentioned has to be the Breville Joule Sous Vide. As mentioned before, when you purchase smart kitchen gadgets and appliances for your home, you need to make sure that they are actually going to enhance your kitchen, and this is exactly what you are going to get with this product. It makes cooking a breeze. You can have delicious, heated food in a matter of minutes, and cleaning up is just as quick and efficient as well.